April is National Organ Donation Month
Please sign your organ donation card today!
Thursday, April 10, 2008
A Piece of Mind
Life is a long journey and we all travel the same road only with different obstacles, but we all have the same goal to find our place in this world and live our lives to the fullest. One thing that I have to come to realize though is that we can't dwell on the past nor can we dwell on the future we can only concentrate on today. If we were to think too much on the past we would only ask what if this happened what if I did that and same for if we were to dwell on the future and by doing that I'm we would just get too wrapped up in all those ifs and buts. It's only better to think of today and set goals for just the day because that way when they are accomplished you therefore will feel better about yourself. The reason why I talk about this is because I know I have been dwelling too much on the future and what could happen and I especially ask "what if something horrible happens today? What if this happens or that? Where will I be?" And when I concentrate on today and the now do I feel better and feel like I have really accomplished something. And the only thing I can is at times it gets hard especially when you know you're having to deal with life changes,set backs, and life threatening diseases. All I can say is that in life you get some obstacles or road blocks thrown at you and some people may have more than others but life is what you make it and you just have to live it to the fullest. The best thing that I've ever heard anyone one say is that "Shit happens," you just have to pick up the pieces and continue on and you can't let things like liver disease stop you from doing what it is that you want to do in life. Yeah, with things such as liver disease there are restrictions and limitations on what we can and can not do and sometimes it may just be for the best no matter how discouraged and down you get. The best example that I can give of that is when I was younger like 3rd 4th grade I all of a sudden was told by my doctor that I couldn't do sports and I couldn't do P.E. and for a long time I got made fun of because of that but you know what when I was able to do P.E. I hated it and for the longest time I wanted to do P.E. not because I enjoyed but because I was getting made fun of for it and when I wasn't doing P.E. I realized that who wants to run around and get sweaty ok I got the opportunity to do other things that I enjoyed like working with the kindergartners while everyone else was doing P.E. I love kids and I had fun doing that but as I got older I also go the opportunity to do other things as well I got to do more extracurricular classes (the fun classes) I got a whole bunch of opportunities to do other things that other people didn't get and I enjoyed more than running around and doing stupid sports (not all of us are good at sports anyways) So in that respect it was ok and I didn't mind not doing P.E. and to be honest when I did get the chance to do P.E. again I hated it I got made fun of even more (because I didn't get the practice in sports like the other kids did) and I always felt sick afterwards. So we just got to take life for what it is and accept that we can't be like everyone else (it's not fun anyways) and we just have to deal with what God gave us. I just like to look at it as God put some of here for different reasons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment