I have been wanting to do this story for awhile. Now I hear there's some people out there that are getting made fun of for having a big belly and here's what I have to say for that.
When I was younger, like in 1st grade, I got punched in the stomach by one of the friends that I was playing with. Well because of that I had to wear this huge plastic turtle shell looking thing over my stomach to help protect my spleen. And I remember all the the proctors and kids at my elementary were asking if I was pregnant and also commenting that I looked pregnant. So here's the moral to this story: We ALL get crap for having big bellies and it's not our fault. It's just part of the disease. And when it comes to kids at school making fun of us just know, one, as you get older that will all eventually calm down. I don't get that kind of crap from people in college anymore. And two, kids are kids and even if we didn't have big bellies we would still get made fun of for something because kids can just be immature like that and we've all been made fun for something whether we have liver disease or not. But just because us liver kids tend to have swollen stomachs, like I call it, we get picked on for that more than anything else. I mean go on that you're pregnant. Ok how rude was that! It was totally rude and all women should know NOT to ask those things. I mean men too but especially women. That kind of stuff can be really offensive and for a stranger to say that it was. But I still get comments on looking pregnant and I will say I have grown into my stomach as I got older. When I was a baby I looked like football. Ok I was sorta slim on the top had a huge stomach and then slim on my legs and stuff. So you guys are not the only one who gets this kind of crap and sometimes it can be hurtful and sometimes you just got say "their immature and have no idea what's it's like so just take these things with a grain of salt. We can't control what other people say and what other people do but we can control what we say and do. So as long as we ignore those things and just move on and not say anything, which I have always found to be the best kind of response to those things, and just know there are people that will always be rude and snobby no matter what it's just life. But I really hope this helps any of you who are going through a hard time with this and you guys can always email me if you need to talk one to one because I've been there too and I do know what it's like and you guys are not the only ones.
Fiona
April is National Organ Donation Month
Please sign your organ donation card today!
Monday, June 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment