
Fiona is in the hospital with unknown etiology at this point. Possible causes for her illness are pneumonia, bronchitis, swine flu, who knows.....she is in complete isolation and will be kept there until she has less symptoms. Her white blood count and platelets are at critically low levels. Her prolonged QT rate of the heart is much more prolonged and I heard pacemaker thrown around again. Poor thing....she is sick.
On the family front, we all started Tamiflu tonight. Got to nip this bug before it gets us. Won't know exactly what is happening with Fiona for a few days...waiting for cultures and other tests to come in. MRA of her lungs for tomorrow is cancelled but might be able to reschedule before she gets discharged. Sad thing: NO BEDS..she has been in ER since yesterday afternoon. Chalk another night I spent in a folding chair. I think I have a permanent crease on my forehead from leaning on the bed rail! Someone needs to invent an inflatable chair "liner" that includes chair arms, a footrest and a pillow for when we parents have to make do with a folding chair.
Peggy












No comments:
Post a Comment