April is National Organ Donation Month

April is National Organ Donation Month
Please sign your organ donation card today!

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Mixed Emotions

MyHotComments.com
MyHotComments

Yesterday I got the call...and it looks like they aren't going to list me. Even though it wasn't a for sure NO I can just tell by their explanation. My coordinator over there said that my lung problem is not liver related and they don't think that it will go away with a transplant but they want the liver doctor over there to contact my doctors at Kaiser and ask them why they think I should be transplanted. After I hung up I cried a little and then called my mom and told her the news. Then after that I sucked it all up and went out with my friend whom I had plans with. We had fun even though deep down my heart was broken and I wanted to cry. Right now I have mixed emotions. I'm disappointed and sad and confused. I'm not really sure where to go from this point. I feel like they have let me down one too many times and I just don't even know how to pick up the pieces and move on. I've been fighting this battle for 20 years now and I feel like every time I lose and sometimes I want to give up but I know that I can't because I would be giving up on everything that I have ever fought for. I feel like there's no light at the end of this tunnel of broken dreams and heart-filled pain. Even though I have the great support from all my friends and family I'm just not getting the support from the people who could really make the difference. At this point the only thing I have left is a plan:
1. Move on
2. Get a second opinion
3. Get this lung problem fixed even if it means no transplant
4. Figure things out
5. Get a job and carry on
6. Go back to school and make it through
7. Move out and live my life
I'm just trying to do the best that I can at this point. It's too late in the game to shut down.
Fiona
MyHotComments.com
MyHotComments

No comments: