
MyHotComments
Fiona got her letter from UCLA and it says that they are going to represent her again after talking to her regular liver and pulmonology doctors and resolving the outstanding issues. (the indication for a liver transplant--um didn't we already say why?) I find no hope from this letter and in fact, I find that very cruel and it tells me that they don't know what the heck is going on. It also tells me that the team is not in agreement on what should be done. No matter how it is sliced it is still NO but definitely time to go somewhere else for a second opinion.
Accepted or not, nothing has changed for Fiona. She still coughs up blood on a daily basis. She is tired all the time and struggles with all the problems related to the liver disease. Amazes me that "the team" decides that this is all OK and is better than taking the risks of transplantation because you can die in transplantation. Am I crazy to think this is NOT NORMAL? Wonder what they would decide if it was one of them? As Fiona said, "I get up every morning wondering if I will drown today in my own blood?" Wow, now there is something a 20 year old should have to worry about.
Liver disease and the world of transplantation is not for the faint of heart or the weak of spirit.
Peggy

MyHotComments












No comments:
Post a Comment