April is National Organ Donation Month
Please sign your organ donation card today!
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Waiting Room Torture
You know it is never fun waiting for a long time for your next appointment but having to do it with a looping commerical was too much for even me. Our insurance provider has their own TV station and they broadcast public health information. Some of them are really quite interesting but not Friday. Yes folks, it was truly disturbing. This was a commerical on making coughing into your elbow not only socially acceptable but the PATRIOTIC thing to do. So for 4-5 minutes they showed us how to cough/sneeze into the "cloth" and how not to cough in your hands. Then they took a group of people and rated their "coughing into the cloth" techniques. This public service educational announcement was on a loop, playing over and over and over again. The first 3 or 4 times were OK but after 40 minutes I was about ready to harm someone. Checking with the other people in the waiting room if it was OK if I just turned the TV off, they all agreed, applauded. Of course, I couldn't find the buttons to do so. One gentleman more annoyed than I actually proceeded to get up and went back and brought out a nurse to assist us. She explained it was the only channel and was a little miffed that we asked for the TV to be turned off. "This is good stuff," she told us. People need to be following these new techniques of controlling their coughs and sneezes. We all together said, "Turn it off!" I bet the Pentagon would like to get their hands on this public service announcement as it would make great torture for terrorists!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment