I spoke with Fiona's liver doctor and he said this is so out of his knowledge that he has to trust the pulmonologist and cardiologist on these matters. I expressed by great FEAR and concern about this right heart cath under exercise and he felt with platelets it is feasible. I told him we were all really scared and I'm not sure Fiona could even emotionally do it and he said she should try as it will give them information they need. He said this is so unusual with the possibly of a hole in the heart that opens only on exercise. Otherwise, the next step is a left heart cath and that might not show the hole as she will be out for that test.
Meanwhile, we have another pulmonologist reviewing all her records today. I will feel better hearing another doctor's opinion and this doctor knows the AVM specialist in San Diego. So I have my fingers crossed!!!
Fiona meanwhile has a HUGE BLACK EYE. She got a pimple on the inner part of the bridge of her nose and her eye swelled shut and is black and blue. Taking her to urgent care tonight to be sure she is ok. Never seen anything like this before. Poor, poor Fiona. It never gets easier.
Peg
April is National Organ Donation Month
Please sign your organ donation card today!
Monday, February 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment