April is National Organ Donation Month

April is National Organ Donation Month
Please sign your organ donation card today!

Saturday, February 21, 2009

This and That

MyHotComments.com
MyHotComments


Fiona is still waiting to hear what is going to happen. Her liver doctor was taking classes this week so we don't know if he had time to call and "chat" with transplant team yet or not.

Fiona had a rough week with kidney stone pain. Of course, she can't get into her kidney stone doctor for a month. Jeez, that really helps. I think we are going to try to change doctors and see if she can get some answers here. I know they can't "cure" kidney stones and I know this is hereditary but someone needs to be more on top of this.

On other fronts, Fiona's oldest sister isn't doing well. Her immune disorder has really gotten worse. She is developing other autoimmune problems now as well. The doctors have thought with replacement immune drugs she was young so everything would be fine. Well, everything isn't fine in a big way.

The Air Force Concert last night was WONDERFUL! Really enjoyed it. I guess the band is recognizing us now. They thought I was Jill's MOM. Some members actually came out to meet us. :) So cute. I told them we are their Southern California Band of the Golden West Groupies and it was about time they had a concert in OUR town!

One of the band members has adopted (middle daughter) Lauren's golden retriever that she wanted to find a home for. Lauren and Jill are moving into a big house from a very tiny, tiny house and they could only have 3 dogs so Lauren had to find a home for one of hers. The gentleman that adopted the dog came out to meet us and he was so sweet. Totally in love with the dog and made the comment that that dog was best trained dog he had ever seen. I totally agree! I did tell him that Haden, the dog, LOVES water. Whenever Lauren brings him down, he is in my pool ALL the time, hot or cold outside. He swam all during Christmas break while they were here. But he is a sweet dog and truly will love his new family for years.

Peggy

MyHotComments.com
MyHotComments

No comments: