April is National Organ Donation Month

April is National Organ Donation Month
Please sign your organ donation card today!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

So The Big News That Came Today




So this afternoon I got a call from my transplant coordinator saying that I got cleared for Cedars. At first I didn't understand what she meant by getting cleared until she went on to say that I got accepted on the transplant list but she isn't sure if I am being listed with HPS. Also she asked if I have ever had a liver biopsy. I told her no (which I guess isn't true because I had one when they did my Kasai but to me it's not the same cause I was already open). Then she went on to ask well did you ever have a liver biopsy here (meaning at this facility)? So I told her no. Then I went on to emphasise that I haven't had a biopsy done. Well it turns out that after all that questioning Cedars wants to do one YAY!(sarcastically). I'm truly not excited about that and to be honest it's making me a little nervous. I know they aren't going to do it how they usually do. They told me at the evaluation that they would go through a vein in my neck. But still another thing that may seemingly be a little painful. I'm tired of people poking around on me. I mean enough already, let's just get to the part where they fix all this. Oh and about the being listed thing, I'm not sure if I'm all jumping for joy yet. I have to wait and see what my MELD score is. Oh and on another note: Saturday the countdown to my birthday begins because it will then officially be month until I'm 21. But that's the big news people. I will update you when I know more.
-Fiona

No comments: