
You know, some days are so much harder than others. We got a call today saying our insurance met to review the denial from the second transplant center and they aren't going to fight it. No surprise here, however, there was a pediatric liver doctor on the panel and he started questioning things about Fiona. He wanted all the records pulled about her liver bypass (kasai) so he could review them because he is questioning why they even did the kasai. Well all her records from her infancy were archived years ago and are probably destroyed. I have a few of the original NICU records that I will send them. Just too crazy to even think about. Fiona and I are in a tailspin right now. I guess our biggest question is does she have the right diagnosis? What is wrong with her if it isn't liver? Someone needs to figure this out.....NOW! The only words I can use to describe today are complete frustration and anger. Fiona has a wonderful team of doctors working hard to help her and then something happens and the bottom falls outs. I guess in the long run nothing is different today than yesterday but it sure is hard to hear these conversations sometimes. Frustration!
On the good news front, her EKG today was much improved. Since giving her extra potassium and magnesium all the chest pains and palpatations are gone! So some good things are happening.












No comments:
Post a Comment