April is National Organ Donation Month

April is National Organ Donation Month
Please sign your organ donation card today!

Monday, December 22, 2008

Saw GI today

Fiona saw her regular liver doctor today. He asked about the second opinion appointment and we updated him that they basically want to start from square one. They want to verify her diagnosis, investigate ALL her physical problems and determine what is and what isn't liver related. We told him that they are thinking of doing some procedures, including a liver biopsy as well. He was listening intently and I told him we would do nothing without his OK. He smiled and said he had some concerns with what they want to do but once the MRI (yes, folks -- 6:30 AM Christmas EVE) will tell the center more about what needs to be done. He said he can't wait to talk to them. Of course, we are still waiting for the pulm appointment. He said that he thinks her diagnosis is correct and that the problems they see with all her arteries and veins are part of the diagnosis. He always said he likes that idea that they are starting over. Other eyes looking again might just be helpful. He was pleased and said he likes that he can work more directly with this team.

Fiona told him the clamp in her groin is still very painful and especially in cold weather or when she turns just right. WE waited for him to call interventional radiologist and they want an ultrasound done to be sure nothing is wrong. I'm not sure they are going to see anything. I think it is doing its job...clamping. I think it is pressing on a nerve or scar tissue has built up and it pulls. I don't know. But she is right, you can't even touch that area.

Otherwise, the family is home and we are ready for the holidays. Wishing each and everyone of you the best. 2009 WILL BE BETTER, gosh darn it!

MyHotComments.com
MyHotComments

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christmas eve! OH for crying out loud! Well, I am with you.. 2009 is gonna be your year everything turns around.. only good from there on. We love you guys!!