April is National Organ Donation Month

April is National Organ Donation Month
Please sign your organ donation card today!

Friday, October 17, 2008

Claremont Courier - Story of a wonderful doctor

In our local newspaper from this week, there is an article about an Upland doctor who participated in the Doctor without borders program in Kenya working with patients with TB and HIV/AIDS. His name is Dr. Desmond Sjauwfoekloy. This man is very special to our family as he was the first doctor that diagnosed Fiona's lung problems AND understood the seriousness of what was happening. He ordered her immediate lung surgery and helped the other doctors to realize her coughing up blood wasn't just a "cold." Dr. Sjauwfoekloy is a very compassionate man who gives us faith in the medical system that there are still doctors out there that care and are willing to look beyond the obvious and do what is right for a patient. I am trying to find the article on line so I can post a link. He is a wonderful man and I just want to say THANK YOU.
Peggy

No comments: